Pymble’s dress requirements have been designed to reflect the standards of the Club, while at the same time being practical for all Members and visitors. The following guidelines have been set down by the Board and management and must be regarded as the minimum standards acceptable. In the furtherance of such standards the General Manager or his delegate may object to any particular dress notbefitting the standard of the Club.
It is the duty of all Members to see that their visitors and they themselves adhere to these rules and thereby maintain the Club’s required standard.
ON THE COURSE
On the Course – Men
- All shirts must have collars (unless they are golf shirts which the Pro Shop carries);
- Shirts must be worn tucked into trousers or shorts;
- Tailored shorts are permitted but must be above the knee and worn with a belt;
- Shorts are to be worn with predominantly white socks;
Cargo style shorts or pants, denim jeans, ripped pants, tracksuits, drawstring pants or shorts, gym gear, football or sporting type shorts, shirts displaying large motifs or advertising, singlets and beach-type garments are not permitted on the course;
- Regulation golf shoes must be worn on the course. Sandals, thongs, jogging shoes and tennis type shoes are not acceptable;
On the Course – Women
- All shirts and dresses must have collars (unless they are golf shirts / dresses which the Pro Shop carries);
- Tailored pants, shorts, dresses and skirts appropriate for golf are permissible;
- Shorts and skirts must be no shorter than mid-thigh;
Cargo style shorts or pants, denim jeans, ripped pants, tracksuits, drawstring pants or shorts, gym gear, shirts displaying large motifs or advertising, singlets and beach-type garments are not permitted on the course;
- Regulation golf shoes must be worn on the course. Sandals or thongs are not acceptable;
IN THE CLUBHOUSE
Suitable golfing attire or smart casual attire may be worn in the Members Bar. Smart casual attire may be worn in the upstairs Lounge and Dining Room unless a jacket and tie are specified.
Golf shirts (for men) must be tucked in, and casual shirts designed to be worn untucked are acceptable.
Blue denim jeans are permitted in the Members Bar only on Friday evening and Sunday all day.
The following are not permitted in the Clubhouse:
- Clothing with bold advertising motifs;
- Sport/athletic or gym apparel;
- Tracksuits or drawstring pants or shorts;
- Ripped clothing of any description (children under the age of 12 years are exempt);
These dress requirements apply to all Club areas e.g. a visit to the Pro Shop, booking at the kiosk, and using the practice facilities.
Mobile phones can be used on the golf course for scoring with the MiScore App. The use of mobile phones for any reason other than scoring can be distracting and offend other Members and does not comply with the traditional etiquette of the game.
If mobile phone use is vital, then your fellow competitors/playing partners agreement must be obtained and the effect on other Members not in your group must be considered.
The use of mobile phones, for calls, in the Clubhouse is not permitted, although they may be used discreetly in the carpark and the locker rooms.